SEPT 14 , HINDI DIWAS -640

 IS KNOWING HINDI A CRIME    

          HINDI DIWAS - 2023        



              

At the outset i would like to make it clear that i have a  fairly large circle of friends who are active members in various whatsapp groups . Having had my stay at  various places in India during my formative years and now almost on an annual sojourn abroad , i have quite a few friends who  have different Indian Languages as their mother tongue . I am myself  a sort of a language freak and am comfortable at all levels with English , Hindi and Tamil and am able to manage  at the spoken level  with Telugu , Bengali Gujarathi and Marathi.


On Hindi Day which is being celebrated across the nation  today , I for my part sent a message on various whatsapp groups hailing the occasion . The mistake i made was that i had scripted the same in the  the  Devnagri or Hindi  . This though welcome in certain circles did not find favour with my friends circle nearer home .

I wish to emphasize that Tamil is my Mother Tongue and am as proud of the same as anybody else .  Me knowing other languages does not make me any less of  a Tamilian than my detractors. 



SADLY , TIME  IS RUNNING OUT FOR ME , HOW I WISH I COULD HAVE LEARNT A FEW MORE LANGUAGES  AS WELL .


हर साल की तरह इस साल भी हिन्दी दिवस आज मनायी जा रही है .

हमारी ओर से आपको और आपके सभी चहितों को हिन्दी दिवस की शुभ क़ामनायें .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AWARD OF EXCELLENCE IN CANADA - 642

VAIKOM VISIT- IN GODS OWN COUNTRY - 686

On Northern Most Point Thus Far - 604