AN ALL NEW YAADONE KI BAARAAT - 673 .

    A PHOTOGRAPH REUNITES 

     AN ALL NEW YAADON KI     

                   BAARAAT 

Avid filmgoers would have seen many Movies where Estranged / Long Lost Brothers/Relatives find each other after many a struggle. 

A Locket , Pendant, Bracelet or Necklace have been the  Missing Link which go on to unite them in many such Movies . The one time hit ,  YAADON KI BAARAAT of the not so  recent times where the three estranged BROTHERS find each other thanks to the SONG which has the Title of the Movie itself was an all time hit .




A REAL TIME  story almost on similar lines happened with me just recently .

I am presently in Toronto , Canada with my departure back to India slated for 20 th Feb .

My Niece who resides at Coimbatore in one of the Residential Complexes for which the city has now become so famous for , sent me a message that she had come across a Couple who in their early married  younger days were very well acquainted with my Parents. They went on to add that they  were our neighbors during our Kharagpur Days and shared a close bond with my parents  .  I might add that I  grew up as a youngster here and have extremely fond memories of the place and the people I grew up with . 

I am now  talking about an event which is almost 60 years old. My niece further wanted to know if I could share a picture of my parents to confirm the same .

I have revisited Kharagpur twice during the intervening years and have visited my School , Bungalows of stay and other places and  preserve pictures of the same .  A mobile phone is very handy now .

I was absolutely delighted to get the news . I had waited all these years to reestablish a contact with someone who knew us from our Kharagpur Days .

My hometown is Ambasamudram and I was now at Toronto in Canada .  For old times sake and to remember our Kharagpur Days  I had a Group  Photograph of my Mother in the Company of very close family  friends from Kharagpur . This I have   stuck on the Front Inside Hard Cover of a Diary which carried    important Details inside . This Diary Travels with me wherever I go . My memory as can only  be imagined is not that good . This battered and bruised 60 year old photograph has traveled many a mile and across continents with me . 

I shared this Photograph along with other photographs of my more recent visits  with my niece who later confirmed that it was the very same family who were our neighbors at KHARAGPUR . 

The group photo also had a whole lot of kids with whom I have grown up  with . I  was given to understand that one of the kids with  whom I was very close and  knew very well  is  now  settled  at Coimbatore itself .

This was the real  Icing on the Cake . Contact was reestablished and the Sixty in between years are now being  relived . A family meet is worked out soon after my return .

This is almost as close as anyone can get to REALTIME YAADON KI BAARAAT .



Comments

  1. And I enjoyed playing the Sootradaar. Beautiful, mamaji. Such a wonderful feeling to reconnect with old friends.😎😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and happy moment to get in touch with our very old associates. Our heart will bubble with joy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AWARD OF EXCELLENCE IN CANADA - 642

VAIKOM VISIT- IN GODS OWN COUNTRY - 686

On Northern Most Point Thus Far - 604