Precursor NORTH EAST VISIT- 858

               PRECURSOR NORTH EAST VISIT 


I have often heard friends and acquaintances mention in passing that I am born with wheels on my feet or wings over my shoulders .

Be that as it may , I have always maintained that the Almighty has been rather benevolent on me . I am fortunate to have visited quite a few places which attract tourist footfalls in large numbers  both in India and Around the Globe .

The visits to London Leeds Manchester Birmingham  Paris Lyon New York New Jersey Los Angeles San Francisco Philadelphia Toronto Ottawa Niagara Regina Brussels Ypres Amsterdam and closer home at Colombo Pilliyandala Bangkok  Singapore Manila Makati and Puerto Princessa come to mind immediately.

I have been to many places across India and it  sure is going  to draw a fatigue if I were to start listing them in detail . Despite many attempts NORTH EAST however  is one place in India which I have not visited thus far .

My two brother in law's with their better halves and we two make it a routine to visit places of interest together each year. SANJAY TRAVELS are our tour operators this time . They are into Travel Business to destinations across the World and to places all across India .

We are joining them on a group tour to the North East commencing on the 30 th Aug  and ending on 2 nd September. Thirty of us are on this tour . Chennai to Guwahati and return is by air and the rest in Luxury Buses .

The first thing that comes to my mind when North East is mentioned in passing is that of people with MANGALOID features , with a tinge of yellow in their skin . What is missed is  the places of Religious intent , the beautiful landscape , crystal clear waterways and exotic animals . 

The itinerary includes a visit to Guwahati Shillong Chirapunjee Kamakya Shakti Temple Meghalaya Umanandha Temple Nohkalikai Falls 7 Sister Falls Brahmaputra River Bath and  Umiam Lake .

This comes exactly Two Years to the day after our previous similar tour to Ayodhya Kashi Gaya and Prayagraj .

An interesting fact  comes to mind : BORN WITH WHEELS ON MY FEET : My father as a Senior Railway official was posted at Rajkot  in Gujarat and overseeing the work between Rajkot and Porbandar for close to a year  . I was an infant then . He was provided accommodation in a Railway Coach called a SALOON which came equipped with an office room , drawing room , kitchen , bedroom and toilet . I was in the midst of all these comforts during my infancy . BORN WITH WHEELS ON MY FEET SEEMS TO FIT ME PERFECTLY . 

A feedback from anyone who has  visited the North East is most Welcome.

Comments

  1. Wow, Mamaji, so beautifully worded. You are one of those lucky ones. Globe trotting is everyone's dream. Wonderful experiences. Enjoy your trip to the North East too. Make lots of memorable memories and we will wait for the write ups with pics. Have a safe trip .🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It is the Cheapest Here - 826

NEW LOOK AMBAI RAILWAY STATION - 807

REPOST : JOURNEY THAT CHANGED MY LIFE - 815