Someone Special in your Life - 708

                        TEACHERS DAY AND ME 



I am now 74 years old . Sept 5 has always been a special day for me for 2 reasons. One , Celebrated as the Teachers Day it is very close to my heart as I have very fond and lasting memories associated with it . Two persons who are very close to me are associated with this noble profession  .  My  own Father started his career initially  as a Teacher at Yelamanchilli near Vishakapatnam before he joined the Indian Railways . My better half has been a very loved and respected Tamil Teacher all her working   life at the Girls High School at Kadayam in Tamilnadu. 

I have myself dabbed my hand at being a Teacher  in Spoken English and Hindi for sometime . I must only hasten to add here that it had only limited takers , the reasons for which are all too obvious and needs no elaboration .

I must also admit that I have only faint memories of my Teachers at Kharagpur from Standard 1 to 4 .

I however  have fairly good memories of my Teachers from Classes 5 to 9 at Sector 10 and later at sector 7 School at Bhilai  in what was then  Madhya Pradesh and is now Chattisgarh .

Principal RK Sharma was an absolute terror and being an Ex Serviceman  , he was a very strict Disciplinarian and an absolute task master . Our Science Teacher Borle Sir and Tipnis Sir and  our Hindi Sir stand out in memory. The always elegantly clad Jarieth Madam , our English Teacher was one whose class we always looked forward to  .

Classes 10 and 11 were again at Kharagpur . Being the School Captain I have always had very close contacts with all the Teachers . Headmaster and English  Teacher Shri Debi Prasad , Maths Teacher Miss Netto , Science Teacher Mr D'Cruz ,Miss Raj , Miss Prem Lata have all been an important part of my Schooling . I had played a big part in organizing the TEACHERS DAY CELEBRATIONS during the final year of my Schooling .

Sasmira in Mumbai where I Did my Textile Technology was almost a 3 man show with M/S 

MR R K PATNAIK , MR BARUAH AND MR BAINDOOR  covering all the subjects between the 3 of them .   

As they say , it is never too late to thank people who have played a part in whatever that YOU  are today .

THANK YOU SO  MUCH SIRS AND MADAMS 

                  GURUVE NAMAHA 


An even more memorable highlight of  5 th SEPTEMBER is that this day also happens to be the BIRTHDAY OF MY GRANDSON ADHVAY  GANESH .  ONE MORE REASON FOR THIS MEMORABLE AND HAPPY  DAY .




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AYODHYA YAATRA DAY 1 - 702

VAIKOM VISIT- IN GODS OWN COUNTRY - 686

Ayodhya Yaatraa Day -3 - 704